|||BE HOME SOON|||

Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Entryway Design


I started working with Ali and her husband, Aaron, a couple of months ago. And just a disclaimer that they are awesome and hip. And hilarious. They also have the cutest dogs. So basically, they are dream clients.

Anyway...They are newlyweds who recently built an amazing house, but they just wanted a some zing. It just felt a little too "new build blah" and they are way far from blah.  We started with the entryway, because it can really pack a punch and set the tone for the whole house.


Ali really loves a pop of color, so the ceiling inset was a perfect place to incorporate something fun and dramatic. The navy immediately grabs your attention when you walk in and draws your eyes upward to the funky lighting and copper medallion. We wanted to bring some of the navy to the floor to make it a little more cohesive, so we chose a graphic rug with blue tones.

Let's talk about this art and how I'm obsessed with it. First off, I love designing spaces, but what I am really passionate about is collaborating with clients.  The art is totally Ali. We were pinning images back and forth until she found this one. I mean all I can say is mic drop. And that is why I love collaborating.

The table brings in the midcentury feel that they love. We kept the accessories minimal and refined because we didn't want to overpower the space. As far as setting a tone, we totally achieved it. And if it is any testament, I got a text from Ali saying that a girl came over to pick up a table from craigslist and she told her that it was the coolest house she's ever been in. And I totally agree. This space really shows off their personalities and reflects their style.

We are finishing up her master bathroom currently and moving on to the dining and living room spaces. The house is getting a fresh coat of white paint in October and it's really going to show off all of her amazing furniture and accessories. Her new table is so, so good. As in I want to hang out and eat breakfast with them in the mornings. Would that be weird? I can't wait to share the rest when we are finished!




P.S. Send me an email if you are wanting design help! I would love to work with you! I offer a huge array of services from Pinterest Boards to hourly and room rates. I am working on getting all the information up in a separate tab, but you know how that all goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment