|||BE HOME SOON|||

Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Bread Making-September



Cooking involves me heating things in the microwave. Namely leftovers...From Resteraunts...I can cook, but I just don't jump out of bed in the morning for it if you know what I mean?  I actually do like baking, but is totally a seasonal thing with me.  I rarely make cookies unless they are going to be bats with goggly eyes for Halloween or pies for our yearly pie party. The only real reason I can get away with this is because my best friend is an amazing baker and she feeds me her treats at all times.

Anyways...I have always had a fascination with bread making. It's like on another level of Martha Stewart.  "Oh your cake is good. WAIT DID YOU MAKE BREAD? HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!" I mean that's how I feel about it anyways.  So here's my new goal-I plan on baking a different loaf of bread once a month for a year. That way I can really experience this whole bread making thing.  Plus I hope I come across some recipes that I will make forever.

For September, I made a a no knead bread.  The process was super simple and the bread turned out delicious! My friend Blake, who is a boss at bread making, told me about using your dutch oven to get the perfect crust.  So I was really excited that this recipe used that process. And the crust twas chewy and perfect. Plus it shapes your bread into the most beautiful artisan circle, causing people to believe you are magic.

I love setting tiny little goals like this. It's nice to set aside a little time to fine tune something random and new.  Like the time I made root beer floats out of different sodas all summer.  I should do that again...Do you guys set mini goals? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment