|||BE HOME SOON|||

Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Before & After Wallpaper




Ahh. I love to check things off my list.  Especially when that list has been collecting dust for 3 years because I can't officially commit to a wallpaper.  Well not anymore!


 Ever since we moved into this house I knew I was going to wallpaper this little half wall that our tv is against.  It is weird and angular so a gallery wall wouldn't work. Our kitchen/living room/ dining room is completely open, so it is a big statement wall that was just left completely naked. Naked and afraid.

I had sourced out other wallpapers like thisthis, and this but they were either overdone or didn't work in the space.  Then I found the Half Moon Wallpaper from Ferm Living and it was love at first sight.  It is graphic and bold, the pattern is weird and awesome, and there isn't a huge commitment to color so I won't hate it anytime soon. In other words it's my jam.



My mom and I (she is the best) put it up on Sunday and I love it so hard. Overall it was time consuming, but not hard to hang.  We had to sand the texture off of the wall (I wish we would've had them skim coated before we moved in) to ensure that there wouldn't be bumps in the pattern.  The only thing that freaked me out was the black moons smudge, but you can wipe off the excess with a hot damp cloth and you are good to go.



I am going to take the Foo Fighters broken guitar off the stairs and move it somewhere else.  I am stumped about the stairs.  I am almost positive I want to leave them blank because the wallpaper breaks up the space nicely and it could get cluttered. What do you think?

Also how many of you have to heavily filter the amount of guitars/music memorabilia that drifts from your loved ones music room? Tis an everyday battle here.

No comments:

Post a Comment