|||BE HOME SOON|||

Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Starting stages

When we lived in our apartment, I reached a point where I would pass up things at thrift stores (I know! Crazy right?) because I felt like we were busting at the seams. Fast forward to now... There are so many walls that are bare, especially our poor bedroom. There are some signs of progress though.  Here's the bedroom before:

It's hard to tell in the photos, but the trim and doors were completely tan. So we had all the trim painted white. I chose an extremely pale gray color for the walls. I thought that a lighter color would make the room feel even bigger.  We still haven't hung up anything yet, but I am taking my time to really enjoy the process.  


So here's what I got so far....




This is the little nook where our bed goes. One of the things that sold us on the house was the bedroom. It is huge and has a lot of character. The house was built in 2004 (which Evan loved because it's new) BUT it has a lot of character (which is what I love).  


Here's my side of the bed. 


Here's Evan's side of the bed. That giant egg is another awesome thing from Evan's grandma. I put it there for a sweet little reminder before he goes to bed. :)


I got these awesome lamps from one of my favorite vendors at one of flea markets. They weren't even for sale, but it never hurts to ask! She told me that she got them from Portland over 20 years ago. I love vintage things especially when you know their story.



No comments:

Post a Comment