|||BE HOME SOON|||

Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's day!

It is pretty hot here in Missouri. Hot enough, we even broke down and bought a pool! We are getting ready to head out to Walnut Grove to have dinner with my family and celebrate father's day. As I get older, I keep getting closer and closer with my dad. I've realized that Evan and my dad are a lot alike...And I like that. He is the most kind and giving man. He values my mom and treats her like a husband should. One of my favorite things that he does (and he doesn't even realize he does it) is that he always is asking my mom if she has money. Most guys complain about their wives spending their money, my dad gladly does it. It's old fashioned and I love that he is like that. That's what he is like as a husband. As a dad, he is amazing. He is always taking care of "his girls." He is sweet although he won't admit it. To this day, he is always teaching me lessons.  As a teenager, I thought it was annoying. Now, I look forward to his advice and outlook because he is right! I am lucky for that. He has prepared me to be a smart and confident woman.


Dad, I love you so much. I am so thankful for your wonderful example and support. Thanks for putting up with my constant "home improvement ideas." You really are the greatest dad a daughter could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment