|||BE HOME SOON|||

Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Homemade Dog Treats


My sister recently gave Elton (our pup) a bone cookie cutter with a treat recipe attached to it.  We've been paying more attention to the kind of treats we give him because he's been getting um kinda...fat.

He likes his treats, that dog.

So I thought I'd whip these up and see how Sir Elton liked them.  

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
1/2 cups of water
1/2 cup of oil
2 eggs
3 tablespoons peanut butter ( I used light pb)
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup oats


Just mix everything together, roll out and cut. Then bake for 15 minutes on 400 degrees.


This recipe makes about 3 dozen dog treats.  Another thing it does is make your house smell so good! My sister actually came over while they were baking and told me the house smelled delicious. ha!


Elton seems to like them just as much as his other treats, but I feel a little better about giving these to him because I know what goes in them.  I also packaged up some treats for Elton's friends to enjoy.


Have you made your own treats before? How did it turn out? And if you have another recipe please share!






No comments:

Post a Comment