|||BE HOME SOON|||

Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Peg Board Planter




For my senior show, I used framed pegboard to display all of my projects and had a lot left over.  I really loved the look and function of it and didn't want all that hard work to go to waste, so I started thinking about how I could use it in my home.

Herbs have been my jam lately, so I thought the pegboard would make an awesome vertical planter to display them.  Super awesome and functional? Sign me up.

The back porch has been neglected (much like this blog!) and it needed a little love.  The pegboard is just framed with stained lumber which gives it a nice modern contrast.  I picked up cheap plastic planters from Target and drilled a hole in them for the peg hooks.  Our porch is covered, so heavy moisture won't get to it that easily, but I am going to try and waterproof it just to extend its life.  I just take the plants down when I water them to avoid any excess moisture.

Our back porch still needs a lot of tlc, but this planter makes it look a little more pulled together.  I decided that I am going to try an achieve a beautiful, weed free lawn this summer.  I just want bare feet on soft green grass going on all the time.  Is that even possible? Any tips from the lawn obsessed?



4 comments:

  1. thats not the only soft you may step on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Brilliant idea. Good luck on the lawn........I'm clueless!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought Weed & Feed this week…so we will see! Ha!

      Delete